My last TOP 10 List about "lessons learned as an entrepreneur" was meant to honor all those who have learned those lessons, overcome those challenges and achieved success. This new list highlights just a few of the GREAT things about being an entrepreneur... as requested by so many of you.
THE TOP 10 BEST THINGS ABOUT BEING AN ENTREPRENEUR
10) Having complete control over your income!
- There are no 3% cost of living increases or performance reviews. The profit and loss statement is the only performance review for an entrepreneur.
9) “Working for the man” means working for yourself.
- It is a great feeling to know that all of your hard work is not making someone else rich!
8) You call the shots.
- You get to make the tough decisions and take the business in whatever direction you choose. There is a lot of reward in never having to do something you disagree with.
7) Work as much or as little as you want.
- Sure, it is a lot of work in the beginning but once you are able to delegate, you’ll have much more time for family and friends. Some of the hardest working, most successful entrepreneurs I know get to work at 9:00 AM and are home by 4:30 PM.
6) Surround yourself with the people you choose.
- We’ve all had to work with people we don’t like or don’t respect. As an entrepreneur, you get to pick your partners, employees and clients!
5) Each day is 24 hours closer to accomplishing you dreams.
- Entrepreneurs are in constant pursuit of fulfilling their dreams. Every day is one day closer to success and an exciting new adventure.
– For a business to be successful, it has to solve a problem for a group of people. If you have a successful business, then you are truly helping people.
3) Creating jobs and providing a livelihood for people.
- Creating jobs and opportunity for people is also a “warm and fuzzy” accomplishment. It not only helps the employee but it helps their family and the overall economy.
2) Inspiring challenges: Constantly inventing better ways of doing things.
- As an entrepreneur, every spare second of brain power you have is dedicated to coming up with that next big idea that is going to make things better or more effective. It’s a constantly rewarding and fun challenge!
1) Something new everyday.
- You wear many hats as an entrepreneur… business development, sales, marketing, accounting, finance, etc… There is no official job description except to use your time doing what you think is best and what you enjoy most. That alone makes it all worth while.
Did I miss anything? Feel free to add to my list. (comment)